“Everybody needs to earn their daily bread, but this is not about the bread, this is about saving the bakery. And everybody who wants to help is very welcome.”– Frank Cuypers, senior strategist at Destination Think
The destination marketing industry is gathering to provide much-needed mutual support. This week, hundreds of DMOs and tourism professionals joined our team’s webinar on leadership through uncertain times. (Click to learn about our Virtual Forum, which takes place from April 7-9, 2020.)
The webinar included presentations by:
- Rodney Payne, CEO at Destination Think
- Dr. Kim Jones, medical scientist and PhD in viral immunology
- William Bakker, Chief Strategist at Destination Think
- Frank Cuypers, Destination Think’s senior strategist in Europe
- Sarah Prud’homme, Destination Think’s senior strategist in North America
View the full recording below and view the slide deck here.
After you’ve watched the webinar, here are two easy steps you can take to gain the best possible insights into scenario planning and the pandemic’s impact on DMOs.
1. Join our DMO support group on Facebook
We have also created a space for you to discuss destination marketing challenges with your global colleagues and peers during the COVID-19 period. So far, over 600 destination marketers and tourism professionals have joined. Click here to take part.
2. Register for Destination Think’s Virtual Forum on April 7-9, 2020
Given the extremely high demand for our presentation this week, our team at Destination Think has been busily producing a follow-up event so that we can continue to provide support to the wider destination marketing industry. We are excited to announce the launch of our Virtual Forum, which will consist of three online sessions:
- April 7: Strategic planning for your destination through the COVID-19 crisis (Register here.)
- April 8: Adjusting your destination’s communications through the COVID-19 crisis (Register here.)
- April 9: Managing your destination and supporting your tourism industry through the COVID-19 crisis (Register here.)
Support for your DMO
From Bermuda to California to Campbell River, our team helps tourism destinations respond to crises and work toward recovery with poise and confidence. Speak to us to learn about our collaborative approach to strategy, communications, and creative solutions or click here to send us your RFP.