Amid the changes and challenges of 2020, it’s important to pause and recognize everyone we’ve journeyed with these past 12 months.
We’re proud to celebrate our courageous clients, recognize our passionate team, and mention some Destination Think highlights below.
A few significant moments from our year
- In early April 2020, we held Virtual Forum. Hundreds of destination marketers gathered to engage in strategic planning, communications practices, and supporting the tourism industry through crisis. Slides and recaps of Day 1, Day 2, and Day 3 are all still available on our website for your convenience.
- We launched our COVID-19 support group for DMOs on Facebook to provide a space for solidarity and problem solving within the industry.
- We worked hard across the pandemic phases, from mitigation to the restart of tourism in many places.
- We released TSI Live to help DMOs measure sentiment towards travel and places in real-time. This data-driven tool has been invaluable during the pandemic when resident sentiment and safety requirements change often.
- We’ve continued working with creative, driven clients on important work like: passionography with the City of Campbell River, branding with Destination British Columbia, crisis communication and an award-winning brand with Auckland Unlimited, development plans and industry engagement with Colorado Tourism Office, recovery campaigns with the City of Healdsburg, social media management with Visit California, and so much more.
- Through it all, our business remained committed to placing people first by prioritizing our team members and client continuity. We are grateful to have been able to keep our entire team together in support of recovery for travel and tourism.
There are glimmers of hope ahead, with the first vaccines already starting to roll out in some parts of the world. We see big opportunities ahead for reimagining tourism too. We’re proud to have spent this year working with our incredible clients and learning from our peers. Thank you. We wish everyone peace and rest over the holidays, and we look forward to 2021.
Want to tell us about your takeaways from 2020 or shout out a colleague that made you appreciate the destination marketing community? Connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, or Twitter.
Featured image: Artur Tumasjan, Unsplash